Tuesday 29 July 2014

Hip hip.....hooray?

I am sitting here in Costa coffee inside Addenbrooks Hospital waiting for my wife to come out of the operating theatre.
She's had a niggling hip pain for a while now, years in fact. Finally, after several appointments with doctors and consultants. We may our answer.
She has been very nervous understandably. She has a history with anesthetics wearing off. Or surgery going off plan. Its my job as her husband to try and keep her cool, calm and not panicked.
This has been bloody hard. I am scared. I do worry.
Its only minor surgery, but there is always risk. I can only say this now, as she's unconscious.
I write these blogs as a personal diary and I chose to share some. Likewise, you can chose to read it. Those who know me well, know that I very rarely, if ever, project my panic, worry or stresses.
"Always pretty cool about everything"
"So laid back"
.... right now I'm shitting myself.
That's my wife you've got there Doc. Don't break her.
I don't care too much which religion you follow. Whether you believe in a god or not. Just pray or send a positive vibe that all goes well. So I can go back to getting shit wrong, being moaned at for leaving my pants on the bathroom floor and saying the wrong thing to the wrong person.
Cheers, thanks, love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment