Monday 21 July 2014

10 miles (Easy pace)



Today's run was a lot better. I knew I needed to run a lot longer than usual. Not having run since Thursday. I had planned to run yesterday but time had got away and it was also Isaacs (my son) 12th birthday.
My last run had made me quite miserable. I felt that I was not running for pleasure. I was just putting up the numbers, running the miles for the sake of it. This is not what I am about. I have never followed a training plan before. Now, three weeks into it, I can comfortably say that training plans are not for me. Not strict ones anyway. I think I need to allow myself the flexibility to move sessions around. For instance today should have been interval, but I really could not be dealing with that today. I just wanted to run. So, the 10 mile easy run which I should be doing later in the week, I moved to today..... and it was awesome.

Headed up Valley road and called in at Northgate Sports centre for some water. It was hot today, but I had chosen not to take water with me. My plan was to stop at Sports centres or even then Hospital if I needed to drink.
I continued down heath road to St Augustines, through Kings Way, Rands Way and along Nacton road. Then making my way back along the waterfront and home. 10.6 miles done.

My pacing felt fine. I could have gone on for another 5 miles. I feel that the 4 days away from running did me a lot of good. mentally and physically. I'm not sure which session I'll do tomorrow if any. My first though is to ride my bike. It's been too long.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/546233074# 


No comments:

Post a Comment