Sunday 6 July 2014

Day 7 of training plan.

I'll just start of by saying that I have deliberately moved my training updates to this blog. So by clicking on the link you have chosen to pay an interest in how my training is going. I like to post on Facebook/Twitter. I am not showing off or massaging my ego. This acts as a training diary for me to record where I am at right now. I've chosen to share it.
 I like running, cycling and triathlon.
You can read it or ignore it. If you rather I just reshared stuff from Buzzfeed or viral videos from youtube etc then i'm the wrong friend. I have a lot of friends who have a common interest in my chosen sport. Also I know some people have been inspired by some of the stuff I've posted about. Anyway, you get my point.... Thank you, Love ya! xxxx BJP


For the first time EVER! I have started and maintained a training plan. I have been running and cycling for around 5 years now, but have never committed to a plan. I have decided that I would give the Jaffa 12 week plan a go, in the build up to Ipswich half marathon. So far so good.



Today I was scheduled for 5 mile easy running. I still struggle to know what my paces are. My slow pace is ridiculously slow when compared to my race pace. I knew I wanted to be around the 10 minute miling. I also made sure the route I was running was quite flat. Yesterday, my 7 mile "Easy" run included park run and the run up to the park was a steady incline. Then the run afterward up to my work includes quite steep sections. All in all, I was struggling with my knees at work. I was not sure how they would feel today. But they were fine. A little sore at the start thats all. Garmin Data here.

Tomorrow is 12 x 400 meter intervals. But I have an appointment with the Physio in the morning to assess my knee pain. See what happens tomorrow.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment