Friday 25 July 2014

10 x Hills





So, I went with Constitution Hill to do my reps. Good hill. But if i'm totally honest, looking back at the data. I was surprised at how slow I was. I was trying to maintain an even pace throughout the session. I did do this, but it was an even slow pace.

I guess in the back of my mind I am being cautious. Hills scare me. My last two running injuries have come when running hills at pace. My knees are still sore most of the time. I'm doing my stretches twice a day. But it is coming up to a year since the knee pain started. With no real sign of repair. Running is ok, up to a certain pace, but then the recovery time can be painful. Oh well.... Just need to get to race day!


Before my run, I had planned to hit it quite hard. I had a little flick though my Jim Fixx book for some inspiration. I did find this ....



After the hills I headed home. My knees were very sore,but I needed to reward my brain with stimulation. After the relentless monotony of going up and down the same hill 20 times, a much needed trot down through Christchurch Park was nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment