Monday 5 September 2011

Weekend break in Hopton

I have just got back from a weekend away with the family. We spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Haven holiday village in Hopton. The resort itself was really nice. Quite literally, on the beach. We are already planning a mini Triathlon camp there for next year :-) 


The food at Haven was what I expected! Traditional menu of bought-in classics in the restaurant. Pizza (Papa Johns) everywhere. Burger bars, candy floss, all the normal unhealthy resort stuff. We only ate in the restaurant once. This was to celebrate Abby (my wife's) bingo win. £361....Ker-Ching!!! 

For a starter, I went for the whole baked Camembert. Followed by a Gourmet burger thing. Both pretty darned tasty.


The puddings were a bit of a disaster, but I won't go in to that too much. The kitchen had run out of Whipping cream, chocolate and vanilla ice cream. This meant the sundae's that the kids had ordered were made with clotted cream. Not nice. Also the fruit salad which my daughter was served was barely worthy of being called a fruit salad. Lemon tart was nice. 

Now, I seem to have gained a few pounds over the last few weeks (now 13st 8lb usually 12st11) I'm still recovering from my hernia op. Will start back with a diet of some sort soon.....Maybe!


That is all! :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment